Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to fix my spoiler brake light to pass inspection. 94 MX6 LS. I have some questions:

1. I cracked the plastic piece that goes on the back to seal the LEDs from water. Can I rebuild it with some glue and sealant?

2. The strip broke because some of the LED pins rusted (you could see moisture inside the strip). Am I correct in assuming that I can get fresh LEDs at radio shack and do a fresh solder and the strip would work? They are in series so they all need to work correct?

3. Anyone have a wiring diagram for these things? There is one resistor and a few pins I can't identify

4. Am I better off just spending the 60 bucks to get a new light?

5. How do you get the power cord from the light strip to go through the hole in the spoiler into the trunk. I am feeding it in there without obstruction but it doesn't come out the other end??

· Banned
6,604 Posts
what?

you should not need to replace your spoiler light to pass inspection?????most people dont even know its there untill it lights up.id get a srcond opinion man thats fuckin strict!:urg:

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes sir, I live in New Jersey. The reasoning is that the light closest to the rear of the car has to be functional, but I agree with you it is too harsh, especially since my regular third brake light works.

· Registered
3,003 Posts

· Banned
6,604 Posts
r

yeah you could take it off then you will fail because of holes in the body.probally just best to buy one.carefull not to short out your break relay$100 dollar part only from MAZDA.tyhe junkyards may have one for a pocket.br

· Registered
273 Posts
why the hell would you fail for 4 small holes in the trunk. just take the fuckin thing off and bring it to a different place. then slap it back on. It'd be your cheapest option.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts