Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it pretty easy to put a Stock MX-6 spoiler on an MX-6 that did not have one perviously? There as a spoiler on ebay for 30 ucks that cam from an 88 MX-6, and since I have an 88-MX-6 w/o one, I was thinking it should work. How much work is involved in installing it?

·
Registered
372 Posts
well, it is held on by 4 studs so if you got 4 nuts and drilled some holes that would be about it, but i would be sure to put some paint or something on the fresh metal you expose when drilling the whole or a rust problem will be in your future.

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
The best way to do it is to get the whole decklid with spoiler attached. I would recommend a 90-92 spoiler because they are made of metal and don't warp, unlike the foam, warp-prone 88-89's.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
magik8 said:
The best way to do it is to get the whole decklid with spoiler attached. I would recommend a 90-92 spoiler because they are made of metal and don't warp, unlike the foam, warp-prone 88-89's.
Well said. The only 90+ one I have ever come across I couldn't get off, d*mn screws were rusted in and stripped out. It was even black too to match my car.
There are actually 6 holes he will have to make. 2 on either side for the side mounts, one in the middle for the middle one, and one more in the middle for the wiring for the brake light if he intends to use it. I have a white one I have had forever and no one seems to want it. It did come off of an '89 though but it isn't warped or anything.

·
Registered
320 Posts
magik8 said:
WHAT ? made from metal.. I've never seen a metal spoiler here in holland. kewl stuff is going on overseas :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts