1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are my pictures:

http://www.doodlenet.com/car/after/

Here is a warning about the Spoilers ETC kit:

I am quite disappointed with the quality of the kit. Each piece had a lot of imperfections. The way the fiberglass pieces were made, air pockets occurred. These had to be sanded out and refinished. The bumper had little ridges and valleys, which also had to be sanded out and filled in. Luckily the body shop did not charge me any more than what they quoted, but it took over a week. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me!

Alex

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
cool, how did the side skirts fit on the back fender behind the door? how about the front end right near the head lights on the sides and where the hood closes???

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fitting

the kit fit very well, except the side skirts. The front bumper has little gap (no more than a stock bumper) between the headlights and the bumper, and the hood and the bumper. The sideskirts fit OK. There is a gap on the part that comes up rear or the door. It isn't too visable because that's where the door closes, but you can fit a pencil in it. The rear pieces fit very well.

-alex

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did I miss something?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Would you post some close-up pics too? Some of the doorjams with the door opened and closed as well as the rear quarter panel skirts?

Thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JPMX6GT: I took those out yesterday... it looked pretty funny.

BOWDWN2MX6: I'll get some pictures in the next few days.

-Alex

·
Registered
100 Posts
windshield wiper

whats up, nice pics man the kit looks good, however my ? is about the windshield wiper install...how did you do the single wiper install, is there a kit or something, or is it completely custom fabricated, thanks in advance for the info

--mcbride

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
very easy

the mono-wiper is extremely easy to do.

Just take the passenger wiper off completely (you pop the little black plastic circle out, which will expose a nut, just use a socket to take the nut off, then just pull the entire arm off--it's easiest to get off if you put the wiper in the upright position away from the glass)

The next step is to take off the driver's side wiper the same way you took the passenger side off. Once you take it off, put it back on where you want it to stop. It has little teeth, so you can put it back on however you want it. Just make sure you put it far enough over the passenger side so it doesn't go down and scratch your hood.

I reccomend a 20" dual blade wiper.. and some spray paint the color of your car! If you have any more questions, let me know!

Alex

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
Ninja Bodykit!!!!!

Koolness, how much was installation and paint (for others to know heh heh)????:D

Later

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
$ $ $ $ $

Well it was $650 for the kit, ($550 plus $100 for shipping) and then installation and paint was just over $1000.00. This also included the installation of the spoiler, and refinishing of my trunk deck lid (it had been keyed pretty deep).

Alex

·
Registered
76 Posts
maybe im mistaken but.... this looks like the shogun kit for our cars... im sure im wrong but... what are the differences in the kits because they look damn close to each other..... thanks... later
-andy-

·
Registered
76 Posts
WAIT A MINUTE!..... WHAT IS THIS???? I SEE THAT IF YOU LOOK THROUGH THE FRONT BUMPER YOU CAN SEE ON THE SIDES WHAT LOOKS LIKE THE STOCK FOG LIGHTS... IS THIS KIT SOME KIND OF LAY OVER KIT??? OR AM I SEEING THIS ALL WRONG? LET ME KNOW B/C THIS IS A MYSTERY TO ME..... IT LOOKS TIGHT ON THE OUTSIDE BUT IF THIS IS ONLY A LEY OVER KIT OR SOMETHING THEN SOME OF YOU OUT THERE WANTING TO GET THIS GET MIGHT WANT TO RECONSIDER...LATER...
-ANDY-

·
Registered
216 Posts
ahhh ok? just a bit to excited!hehe

the kit is a copy of the shogun, and no its not a lay over kit! I guess you didnt read all of the posts,, especially the one that jorge wrote... the lights were still on there brackets but there gone now,,,,,

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lowering

Hey rstylemx6 thanks for clearing up AnDrEw1631's post :) I am working on some sort of grill so you can't see the radiator.. if anyone has any ideas let me know!

You're right kingnajar, it does need some bigger, better looking rims.. but I haven't found a tree that grows money yet :) I am sure I will get some rims soon. As far as lowering goes.. I don't think I can--the front bumper is close enough to the ground as it is.. I can't even pull into most driveways!!! :)

Alex

·
Registered
357 Posts
don't worry about pulling into people's driveways... park on the street. if you get the shyt, you have to deal with the downside. it won't look right unless you have bigger rims. i know that that shyt is expensive.. but *damn* you went and spent $1650 to get the kit on. evidently you're doing something right.

and you can get tokico, and ground control and big rims and it *makes* the car look a LOT lower without having to *actually* lower it that much.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cool, how much do you think that would run me rhumen?

alex

1 - 20 of 20 Posts