Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 6 has been doing a sporadic skipping for abouyt 6months now. It usually happens when i hit a desired speed and have been driving for over 20 mins. it skips in a jolty motion and then sometimes jsut goes away. I changed my fuel filter thinking it was junk in there and its not that. i';m thinking it may be electrical. Does anyone have any ideas and if so how much it would be ot fi it. Any help is much appreciated.

Damein

G

·
Get new plugs and plug wires. Gap your plugs to .38.

Check for leaks going from your throttle body to the air filter, a crack anywhere along that can cause serious trouble.

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
I'm almost sure it's bad plugs and/or wires. Replace them ASAP.

TB boot is a good thing to replace as well. If it hasn't been changed yet you're running on borrowed time.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you have a turbo, for grins check the hose from the valve cover to the air box outlet. The car will studder like it wants to die under acceleration and sometimes at highway speeds. Mine passed a visual and hands on inspection. It came in two when I removed the air box cover. :)

OOps no turbo, but look for vacumm hose cracks that may open at temp or when the motor torques.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts