Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how to install a sports antenna in the center of my mx-6 (in the back) ive seen them before the look excellent, much better than antenna on side.
Thanks
Nate
1993 Mx-6 LS v6

·
Registered
359 Posts
SUGGESTION

Your best bet would be to go to a performance shop and have it installed for you. Or just ask the guy at the performance shop how to install it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no

No, I have nothing i just say one on a mx-6 and it looked sweet, i wanna add one and get rid of my current one, i know someone who can shave my antenna hole now, i just need someone to install an sports antenna or someone to tell me how to install one.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I'm actually going to be doing this mod next year when I repaint and shave everything off my car. it's actually rather simple.... First you have to pull down the interior of the roof, just disconect it on the sides and then pull it down. Then Find a nice location in the center of the roof... ( I would measure if I were you) and drill a hole for the antenna. Then cover up the roof with some silicone so that it doesn't rust and use the proper gaskets so that it won't leak. Then you just have to buy an extension to the antenna wire and run that to either the back of the radio or where the power antenna was. I'm actually looking to buy one myself prettu son so if any of you know of a place where to get a Fuba antenna or the "Volkswagon/Audi" antennas, let me know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Antenna

Not too sure about installing it yourself... Messing with the headliner can be annoying. But, I would be interested in finding out where to get a fubu stick. Anyone?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
You see, th eheadliner might be a pain in the ass. But think of this.. do you think th edudes at the shops that do these installs care about your car, you think they're gonn atake that extra 5 minutes to find that last nut that's holding something in place. NO!, they're gonna rip it right off and do a piss poor job doing it. Ever since I found the Probe and MX6 forums and e-mail lists, I've done every single mod to my car MUSELF... no more extra screws and bolts left over after an install at the shops.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Hehe, well said, can't agree more. Try to do it yourself, or take to someone who you really know and will take the time and take care your car. I still got some screws left, anyone want some?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts