Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, put my order in for SS break lines. Already have the H&R Springs but the rest of my list looks as such. Slotted front/rear rotors from the EBC bulk buy on probetalk. EBC front green pads. Power Stop Axxis Metal-Master Rear Brake Pads. Addco front/rear sway bar along with Addco endlinks. That should be about it for this year.. (hehe)

The bulk buy is as follows for the EBC stuff.

Gen 1
Rotors
Front - SS385R and L 39.84 and $35.87
Rear - SS386R and L 74.21 and $66.79
Pads (Green Front) DP2705 69.00 and $62.10

The reference #is PR1118 and talk to Lee at 1-877-673-6960 he will get this and anything else you need.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Hey James,

Just thought I would let you know some test results I've had with the H&R's.

Before I installed them, I used my G-tech to do a lateral accel test, and with the stock springs and worn struts, I managed .82g's. A pretty respectable #. Well anyway I recently did the test again, this time witht he H&R's and KYB struts at the same parking lot and pulled .85g's! That's really a nice improvement! My ride is still extremely comfortable too and I havent had too much trouble bottoming out on things. Just thought you'd like to know.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds like it would be something fun to test out. Can't wait till I get all the above done and try it out. Are you going to the All for Nationals or any other spring/summer meet this year?

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
I wanted to go to DC Dyno, but I have to work this weekend, so that's out. The only other meet I planned on going to was the NEPO meet, which is held about 20 mins away from me. When's AFN? Are you going? Would they let Mazda's in? :) I can just picture it now. A crowd of pickup trick driving mulletheads sayin "whatchu doin what that damn jap car here." :) If they do allow Mazdas in then I might actually go. I should have the RX-7 turbo installed by then so that should make for a nice conversation piece :).

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was going to go; but to take a 97 ford probe gt that a friend has. My car didn't do too well on the last trip. I also plan on using the Dyno this year on my car; that should be interesting.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still have it; the 97 is a friends probe from NOPOC "Northern Ohio Probe Owers Club". I was also thinking of taking my car, but since it didn't say ford, didn't know what the pickup truck guys would do... :) There should be a few first gen probes there though.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I picked them up last year just before tirerack sold out of them. I was one of those that got in on the $99 deal. Joel; did you have to get camber adjusters for your car after you put on the springs?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well; purchased my rotors today. The guy said that instead of cadmium plating to spray then with aluminized high temp engine paint; it is supposed to work better and last just as long.

Also going with the metal masters pads front/rear instead of the greens. I hear that they are pretty good.

Now just to get up enough for the addco front/rear bars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts