Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the past 2-3 weeks my I4 93 mx6 atx with 110,000 miles has been actin up me and has been pissen me off cause i cant find the fuccen problem.and ive tried everything. ive changen my spark plugs, wires,rotor,fuel filter,valve cover gasket, air filter, and kept up on all my oil changes. now my problem is that when im driving or at a stop light in gear it sputters and it feels like its going to die out at the stop light. and also when i snap the throttle it sputters a little then seems to catch but im thinking its transaxle, and im not sure. Ive talked to me autoshop teacher and he said its my wires when under load like snaping the throttle it arcs some where. but ive tested it in the dark, ohmeter tested it, and grounded screwdriver tesed it. and still nuthing. please help me????

·
Registered
75 Posts
check your cell codes, mine sputtered and died with a bad left o2 sensor and high octane gas, fault 17

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
if it's any consolation, mine is doing the exact same thing. i'm gonna check my engine codes in the morning.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i tried checken my codes and checking all my vacuum lines. and i didnt find a thing. but basicaly when im on the freeway for about 30min and then stop at a light idle-ing it just sputters like crazy and seems like its about to die out but doesnt. but what i dont have is a vacuum tester so i dont know.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i just swaped in some new wires and ohm tested my old wires and dam one wire was lower than the rest so i think that wire was arcing. prolly damaged insulation. but all i know is i can get bak to engine detailing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts