Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey MX-6 Members;

I own a 1990 Mazda MX-6 Coupe (Non-Turbo). Recently, it has started sputtering and missing. This started about 5 months ago. Every week it seems to get worse. I'll try my best to explain all the details. So it normally starts right up, but lately it takes a bit longer. When you try to exelerate, you either have to barely tap the throttle or hit it hard so it wont stall. The sputtering and missing starts around 2.5k-5k rpm. So if you are under 2.5k it is fine but doesn't exelerate fast, or you are nearly red-lining it to get up a hill. If you are in the "bad zone" the car literally tries to die, and there is about a 90% lack of power. Oddly enough, when I put the automatic transmission is Low gear downhill, the sputtering is completely gone. Also, if I dont start it for a week then drive it, for the first 30 seconds the engine acts brand new, then the sputtering kicks back in.

People have told me it might be the fuel injectors, fuel pressure, fuel filter, spark plugs (which are pretty much new) and so on. Anyone know what the problem is or have had the same experience? thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts