Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, When i push my clutch pedal in i get a squeaky noise. Its hard to hear out side but in the garage it is quite noticable, however sometimes it doesn't happen. Repeated pumping of the pedal does nothing.
I'm going to have a look at it on the weekend but does anyone have any ideas on what it is or what to check?
I'm hoping its just a squeaky linkage....:rolleyes:
But i'm not sure if this is an inidication of something serious

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Ha. I wouldn't be too concerned, mine has been squeaking for years. I would have dislocated both shoulders,unloaded 3 cans of WD40 and 5 kilos of lithium grease trying to combat it, all to no avail.
Turn your stereo up, or cough loudly every gear shift.
BTW. I'm sure my noise is coming from links & pivots inside the footwell.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh thats good to hear, thats what i assumed the noise was, just hoping it wasn't a warning sign saying my clutch is on its way out :)

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
mine was squeaky, sounds like a kids/dogs squeaky toy... wd40 does work, u just gotta spray the right places (dont ask me where).. its come and gone twice since ive had the car, and it actually came back the other day!!...

i will spray it again, but waiting for a sunny day so i can leave the windows down... because damn it makes my car smell bad after i spray it... wd40 smell never goes away!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Do you mean your clutch pedal squeaks when your push it down or there is a squeaking noise when your hold the clutch down?

My clutch doesn't squeak when you change gears but it definately squeaks sometimes when you hold it down to the floor. I've been told its the throw out bearing and its like a $10 part but costs $$$ to change in labor.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Speaking for myself, it's just depress & release linkage/fulcrum pedal type noise, nothing more sinister. I can generally ignore it, but someone will say,"doesn't that annoy you?" and it does for the next couple of weeks, until I learn to ignore it again.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The noise is actually coming from the gearbox, it only started to happen after i got my gearbox replaced. so i guess i can't lubricate whatever is sqeaking easily.
Yes it only happens when pumping the pedal, car not running or running doesn't matter, so i don't think its the bearing.
Anyway thanks for your replys

·
Registered
454 Posts
Sounds like the thruster bearing if it is making that sound when you depress the clutch.

Anyone care to comment on that?

Regards,

Zako

G

·
Clutch Pedal

I have that problem with my 626 88 mod I find it only happens in the colder daysso i suspect its cause by a worn bush located on the pedal pivot hole.

·
Registered
793 Posts
yes mine did too after some rubber/plastic part fell out of the peddal assembly
you prob need grease on your thrust baring shaft

1 - 10 of 10 Posts