Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my MX-6 back from the body shop after having the front bumper cover replaced only to notice a strange squeaking from the front. I'm inclined to think its a brake pad wear indicator but I'd like a second opinion. Its not any of the belts because when I'm in neutral and rev the engine I get no squeak.. so, do you think its pads, speedometer gear, or wheel bearings? (ive have wheel bearings go bad and its not nearly as loud or violent as a wheel bearing)

Chris

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it doesnt really go away when the brakes are applied, unless its going less than about 10-15mph. And the squeak is more of a whistling squeak.. weird.. its going in the shop tommorow for new tires, brakes, and to fix that damn squeak!!

·
Registered
475 Posts
its definitley something with the brakes.
just off the topic for a quick lil' sotry. When i had my new sway bar links put on they had to bend a piece of the brake to put them on. the moron's at the shop forgot to bend it back. So when i was driving it home it was making this horrifying screeching noise that was attracting alot of unwanted attention. The thing they bent back on my brake was digging into my rotors. To this day i have not heard such a nasty noise....

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I'll be getting my car back in about an hour.. new struts, new rotors, new pads, repack regrease the bearings, and new tires. Man its gonna roll smooth. What an expensive squeak! (not everything being replaced had to do with the squeak but oh well)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.