Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I have a problem with my 1993 MX6. You know that squeeking sound that you sometimes get (I think they are wear indicators) when braking? Well, I have that squeeking all of the time while I am driving! It is somewhat embarassing, and I would really like to have it fixed. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Ok
I take it your talking about a squeal you get when you are braking ??.
thats the brake pads, they are prob wearing down and somethimes they make that sound, as they heat up and the pad is a lot thinner so they vibrate real quick, and thats how you get the squeal.
if they are badly worn then replace them and make sure the pads had a backing on them if they don't
then apply some copper slip grease onto the back of the pad to stop them doing it as it can still happen even when you fit new brake pads, well cheap ones :).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, thanks, but the squeal is actually ALL of the time (more so when I am not braking or turning). It kind of sounds like crickets in a field, if you know whagt I mean. . . .

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
the reason it does it more when your driving is like i said the pads is occalating in the claiper and usually when you touch the brakejust lightly,
it will stop, get the pads changed m8..

l8trz..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the same problem, it was my calipers that were seized my brake pads and routers were fine. It was caused by one side touching because it never fully released after braking. If you get it on and off and it sometimes gets louder when turning thats probaly what it is.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Problem solved!

Thanks a lot everybody for your help, but I took my car to a Mazda dealer and got EVERYTHING fixed up that was wrong with my six. (It still cost me $1100.00 CDN though). But, considering the amount of work that they did on my car, it wasn't too bad of a deal. My car drives like a dream now! I don't know too much about mechanics, but another mechanic that I know personally looked at my bill and he thought that I got a pretty good deal . . . especially considering the price of genuine Mazda parts.

In case anyone's interested on what I had done to fix this squeeking problem, here it is (for $566.14 CDN):

Replace left lower ball joint
Replace right front wheel bearing and seal
Replace the left outer CV joint boot
Replace both front upper strut bushings
Alignment

My car also leaked oil into my spark plug chambers (causing my car to shake and idle roughly), so I had this done (for $291.76 CDN):

Replace both valve cover gaskets
Replace all related gaskets and fluids

I also had a tune up done at the same time (for $248.28 CDN):

Replace spark plug wire set
Replace fuel and air filter
Set the timing and idle to specs

All of this came to a total of $1106.18 CDN for parts and labour at a Mazda Dealer. I didn't think that this deal was too bad. . .

I hope that this helps anyone with similar problems . . .

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I'm glade to hear that you got it all sorted out .She must be running as good as new!! I'm not to good at money conversions but it does sound like a good deal to me! You have had a lot of work dun there! Shouldn’t give you much trouble for a wile!!
Well done!
Mr. MX6

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks man! I think that in american dollars, it would be about $600.00. But my price included Canadian taxes which is a whopping 15% (which I think may be the highest in the world)!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts