Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear mx6 gurus,

The subject above says it all. Mine's a '94 MTX w/o ABS, 4 banger which currently facing SRS airbag code 41. I checked wats code 41 all about and is it 'VRIS #1 solenoid'? I was wondering wats up with that? I also checked Haynes manual repair and it has only the V6 models check and replacement procedures. I've read a thread titled 'Only one VRIS valve opening' and is it the same? After reading it, i have no idea what is going on. So, i need help real bad.

Is this a major problem? I only have a 46+++ miles on my 6. Is the solenoid located in the starter? How can i fix it? One more thing, what ligths comes on when i turned on my ignition?

Thank you and appreciate your help.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
code 41

Thanks for the link. I totally got mixed up. Anyway, Code 41 says "Crash Sensor Circuit - High Resistance or Open". What that it means? Is that dangerous which airbag might pop-up anytime? Any gurus out there that can help me out?

Let me get this straight, airbag codes is represented by the blinking airbag light and engine codes is represented by blinking engine light. Ok then, guess need to do more reading.

Also can someone tell me, what ligths comes on when i turned on my ignition?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have the same code showing up on my car. Two local Mazda dealers and my mechanic told me that there is no danger of the airbag deploying unexpectedly, though it may not work when needed.

If you find out how much to get it repaired please post!

Good luck.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
solutions

in that the case, theres no solution to it except to replace the airbags? which side then?
Anyway, anyone with solutions, please post !!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
No, what it means is that the circuit involving one of the crash sensors is faulty. This MIGHT mean one of the sensors (of three I believe) is bad or there might be a bad wiring connection, etc... If you are comfortable with diagnosing a wiring problem in the srs system, I can fax you the repair flowchart for the srs code. If you are not (and most people aren't), take it to someone that IS comfortable doing it.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
U're the man

Guru Hughes46, YOU"RE THE MAN !!!!!!!!!

Always know that you'll come and save our a**es. However I do not have a fax machine and no1 i know have fax machine. Do you think you can email it to me or post it in the forums so that other MX6ers can have a look too. Few more Questions though:

1) Is it advisable to disconnect the battery while checking the wiring, coz if i messed up, im afraid the Airbag will initiate.
2) How do i check if the sensors is faulty?
3)Once again, which dashboard ligths comes on when i turned on my ignition.
4)How come you know so much?
5)How do you fix a code 52 (Backup Power Supply - Voltage Boost Fault). Is that wiring problem too and where the hell is the backup power supply?
6)I'm not as smart as you, can i just ignore the codes and not fix it? I believe the worst that can happen is the airbags wont initiate. Found the a thread about code 52 but theres no solution on that thread.
7)Why do i have so many questions and i apologise for that. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
hughes46 could you send me a copy too? thanks

H

·
0 Posts
airrbag trouble

Hi,

my airbag light flashes once then pauses, then flashes 5 times before it starts over. Do not know what code number that is. Hughes, can you also copy me on your airbag trouble shooting information.

Thanx,

Herb

1 - 10 of 10 Posts