Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i might be getting rid of my 5.9 to get an 07 srt8 grand cherokee.

I've spoken out against them before... being a bullshit jeep and all.. BUT.. i drove one today.

bone stock its pretty much every bit as fast as my 5.9 is on a good shot of spray. the built in torque limited launch ( to save trannies) means it doesn't quite have the neck snapping off the line power the 5.9 does (1.7 60's without anything special like a high stall, or spray on launch, etc) but there's enough low end stuff to pull your cheeks tight once you've gotten going.

and I can always add in a standard WK lift and decent AT tires to give it at least a little trail readiness... for the hard stuff, i'll pick up a shitbox YJ or something.

anyways i'm seriously considering it. the idea of having a warrantied 12 second vehicle i can still haul sheetrock in is very appealing. its the spiritual successor of my 5.9 ZJ.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the one I am looking at is black.

Frankly i would prefer a white one :D but they don't come in white.

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Why white? In general I do not care for white as a color on cars.

Then again I cant get enough black in my life. :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
white jeeps look awesome. something about the jeep whites (more of a cream white - not the sanitary white most companies use) plus the angular, muscular flares.. even on the 5.9 (mine is white) just get accentuated nicely, without looking hick-ish.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
white jeeps look awesome. something about the jeep whites (more of a cream white - not the sanitary white most companies use) plus the angular, muscular flares.. even on the 5.9 (mine is white) just get accentuated nicely, without looking hick-ish.
My XJ is white, and a coupe :D

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
Do it... those things are retardedly fast... Fuck... On my old '89 RZ350, two stroke street bike, I was stomped by one, and that thing was quick!!

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the red would closely match my ruby mica 6, too!

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
If you do any, get the steel gray or whatever color it is. That matched with 5% tint on those brushed aluminum 20's is just the shit. I would love to slap a whipple on those on thse as well D:

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
there's a few sc'd srt's running around... they're good for close to 700hp and 650lbs of torque easy.. too bad the tranny is only good for 600 or so reliably.

level10 already has a 1000+ lbs rebuild available for them for 4k.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts