Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brake lines are showing signs of wear and tear, what else is new, 15 year old car. There are hairline cracks starting to show and theres a good amount of rust building up near the ends. Im going to go ahead and replace em with an ss kit. Just wondering where the best/cheapest place to get em would be. Any help is appreciated and karma will be given:smokin:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good post sick, thanks a lot man!

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
I have not installed them yet, but they look like they are a good design and should hold up fine when installed correctly. Will let you know (and add it to the write-up) with pictures.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Car is still on stands so I haven't gotten a chance to check them. Yesterday I also started installing the front driver hardline from my PGT since the MX6 line bolt was totally stripped along with the threads.

And yes the Portfields were a nightmare. Hopefully they fixed the problem

·
Registered
959 Posts
my goodridge lines have been great, and i think i got them through tire rack. though when i did my rear disk conversion i had a set made through cardinal rubber instead of buying a new set, they ended up being 15$ each from CR. which is about the same cost as the local parts stores charge for the rubber replacement lines

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
KiNg MaRtY said:
Car is still on stands so I haven't gotten a chance to check them. Yesterday I also started installing the front driver hardline from my PGT since the MX6 line bolt was totally stripped along with the threads.

And yes the Portfields were a nightmare. Hopefully they fixed the problem
still on stands Marty? HAHAHHAHA

i know you have other cars...but that's still funny :ewink:

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
HotAss6GT said:
still on stands Marty? HAHAHHAHA

i know you have other cars...but that's still funny :ewink:
yeah its been forever:sigh:
I have been getting some things done. All I am waiting for now is to get my pillow-ball mounts/struts back from K-Sport. Hopefully before next year8D

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I sent them an oem mount and the struts to have them checked.

I got all the Corksport lines on yesterday and bled the brakes with the car up. The fluid stayed and didn't go all over the place. Yey!

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
that's t3h hotn355 Marty..heh

:tup:

btw marty...looks like i'm getting some 2g springs to tide me over before i do anything drastic with my suspension..heh

1 - 20 of 20 Posts