Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I raced a SHO tonight, twice! I beleive it was a 92-95 5spd. Well on the highway I wasn't sure he wanted to race, so I guess he did when I got half way along side him and he downshifted and took off, I fumbled with my 5th to 3rd downshift so he gradually pulled away. We both then exited the same exit off the highway. Well I'm about to turn right at a light and he drives along side me and I give him and smile and a head nod, just to let him know I'm not hostile or anything. So I take my right turn and he goes straight, I figured I'd never see him again, I was wrong. About a mile or 2 down the road, I look in my rearview and guess what a see, the same kid!! We take off from the light and get in some traffic and he got caught behind some slow people (fairly busy street, even at 10pm on a sunday night). So I make sure not to pull too far ahead and as luck may have it he weaves himself out of traffic and in the 2 lane open road behind me in the next lane. I see a red light about 1/8 mile ahead so I downshift and hit it to be an idiot, knowing I'd have to stop quickly. Well I ask him to roll down his window, but I dunno if he understood me, I can see he's enoying himself as am I. Well the light turns green and I think he tried to give me a head start so I take off with my foot half on the pedal and I get a good jump on him than I hear his wheelspin (had the sunroof open)so when I hear that, I floor and and get ready to shift to 2nd, kept my distance on him (about 2-3 lengths) then I get into 4th and I see him slowly catching me but I still had him in view in my rearview and he had a slow truck in his lane so he had to slow down and we kind of ran out of room to race, but I did hit about 90-100 during the race. So the next side road he saw he pulled a U-turn on. I didn't have a chance to talk to him. But it was fun and I was suprised I kind of held him off like I did. But if we had more room to race, I think he MIGHT have had me eventually. Those cars have all there power on the TOP end! Well happy racing everyone!

·
Registered
734 Posts
NICE! I didn't think it'd be that easy... he might be someone to look forward to seeing again :) I MURDERED some little Honda Civic (older one) in my GTP.. those are the kind you don't brag about.. but it looks to me like you actually have someone to toy w/ when you go out... a lot is on the driver.. but watch out.. he can mod the hell out of that yamaha doing little stuff to it...

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
It is always fun when someone else wants to race you like that. That has only happened to me a couple of times.

Good story.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, he was cool about it and hopefully I'll see him around again sometime soon. Maybe he won't give me the jump next time!! lol

·
Registered
734 Posts
I thought I had someone like that when I drove my thunderbird.. but it was an unmodifies Focus Z3... no fun.. it was too one sided... If you are ever in Colorado... ask to go see Westminster.. theat is one of the largest cruising strips in the nation.. I get AT LEAST 3 races a night from there... more if I try.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
re

i have a 93 626 v6 (auto) with a custom cai,borla exhaust, i pulled up beside a sho today at a light, light went green we both started to take off slow i look over to my right at him and we both nodded and layed on the gas,the 626 dropped to 5grand in first and was screaming a loud squeal came from the sho and we were neck and neck, i've learned to play with the hold button on the auto tranny and when i hit 7grand in first i let off the hold and got a nice squak into second snapping in front of the sho then from there on he began to gain on me till the next light but i never fell behind his back wheel, not bad considering it has 1.1 litres on me, oh well if i can find a 5sp for this b*tch i'll be happy no luck yet :(

·
Registered
666 Posts
SHO's are pretty bad ass. I saw one in a magazine that was tweaked, supercharger and everything, this bitch revved to 10 GRAND! They said all it took was a revised ECU and a good set of valve springs! Yamaha knows how to build an engine. This thing totally spanked the hell out of an LT-1 Formula Firebird.
Whoa.

·
Registered
734 Posts
TexasMX6GT said:
SHO's are pretty bad ass. I saw one in a magazine that was tweaked, supercharger and everything, this bitch revved to 10 GRAND! They said all it took was a revised ECU and a good set of valve springs! Yamaha knows how to build an engine. This thing totally spanked the hell out of an LT-1 Formula Firebird.
Whoa.
DAMN!! I know they were awesome.. what magazine??

·
Registered
666 Posts
I think it was an old Sport Compact Car, but, may have been Street Power.
I might even have it somewhere, I never throw magazines away, have several boxes in storage. I'll try and look next time I go to my storage building.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.