Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts
Sounds pretty feasible to me :) Ours hit 170kph on US-223 in the Irish Hills region of Michigan... dad had to pass a semi / lorrie (is that the proper term in Australia?) before the highway narrowed back to two lanes :)

Apollo - Only the British would call a truck a "lorry" :)

I don't think this post is asking for trouble (unless people start acting like kids).

I mean, it's no mystery that the 1st gen GT is so much better, faster, and more attractive than the 2nd gen. Simple as that.

Just A JOKE!!!!!!! Get a hold of yourselves...

Anyway, you're right about you can't argue with opinions. I like both 1st and 2nd, however, I do have a preference. I think (My opinion!) that the 1st gen GTs are more attractive, largely due to the fact that they are very unique. In the US, I have not seen any other car like it. The flaired fenders are what change it, otherwise it might look like other Japanese Econoboxes.

To me, the 1st GTs are such cool looking sleepers. I'm serious, I ACTUALLY look back at my car (although it has hail damage) and admire the whole appearance of it. When I walk up to it, I admire it, I just love it. I cannot say the same for the 2nd gens. I do like them, but I sometimes mistake 240s for it (from a distance).

For those of you who say they don't resemble 240s, I don't know what to tell you. But, I think they are more attractive than 240s, and I think they are very attractive cars.

It is just that my 1st Gen appeals to ME more.

Also, IwhipV8nasty and I raced, even though his clutch was slipping, he beat me (not by much) from a 40mph punch, 3 or 4 times. I think if it would have been my 1990 GT, we would have at least been tied (maybe I would have won).

That's a respecable kill. I think it would be interesting to race another 6... just because I know what the other guy holds. It would be more like driver vs driver, ya know.

Anyway, I know my '91 could never hang with my LS, but it was a darn fine car none the less. Still the smoothest tranny I've ever driven and I do agree the engine is quite bulletproof... 162K miles when traded in and never once hiccuped. The 2nd gen though, IMO, has more radical and sportier sytling, but I think the car overall is a bit more fragile. I miss the solid framing around the door windows, I miss the dash clock, I miss the roomier back seats, and I miss the fact that the trunk didn't need struts to open. But I do like that I get a lot of compliments on the LS, I like the sportier feel (cross between my LX and RX-7), I like the technologically advanced V6, and I like that it has 90K less miles then my old LX.

jiffy6969 said:

I mean, it's no mystery that the 1st gen GT is so much better, faster, and more attractive than the 2nd gen. Simple as that.

Just A JOKE!!!!!!! Get a hold of yourselves...
man...i almost flipped...LMAO

Raced my friend's 89 Probe GT when I first got my '95 LS. Both good drivers. Both cars had 43K miles (his grandmother's old car. lucky SOB). 0-110 on a straight backroad and we were dead even the whole time. I slowed down to let him in front of me as oncoming traffic neared (he's a bit crazier than me). I like to think I was babying my car or learning the feel, but I honestly believe they are speed equals.

Anyone noticed the new WRX?

Anyone noticed the body styling on the new MY2001 WRX?

Even tho' they still look like an abortion you can see they've gone back to find a classic (1st gen 6) and copied the body bulges.

Bugger me!! How can subaru have such a great chassis/drive train etc and put such a crap shell on top!

ricdanger - Depends on your point of view. Personally, I think the previous shape WRX was anything but sexy, and I don't think the MY2001 is any worse.

OOOO Ric that hurt.
Look everyone has their opinions and that is yours.

I love my 91 and will keep it forever. I know I will because it will run forever.

Both 2nd and 1st gen are good cars. Stock to stock the 1st gen turbo would take the 2nd gen. LS V6. The 2nd gen looks better though every one has their opinion on the matter. The only thing on the 2nd gen. thats bad on them is the 4 banger only purchase them in stick shift. Auto 4's are dogs and the trannys on these cars are from Ford. This is the begining of ford putting their parts on mazdas. The V6's are all mazda trannys from the 626 and Mellinia. Currently Ford owns 33.3% of Mazda Motor Company of Japan. Among other companies they have a hold on.

Don't misunderstand me rbodeman, I've never once bagged the 1st gen, it's just the way that subaru have tried to pick up the styling cues of various cars and put them together on one car. It just doesn't work.

Look at the new Hyundai Sonata... It has a BENTLEY back end for goodness sake!

LOL...a bently back end?? the perfect combination of performance and lux-- oh wait... thats daewoo.

joel, i hate to corect you, but the ford tranny's are in all the mazda's(friend owns a mazda dealership, and when you replace the mazda tranny's the all say ford on them) and ford owns 51% of mazda, not 33.

yeah theyre ford trannies but guess who designed em.... mazda. and when did ford take over 51%? i thought it was still 33% too... oh well

when i read the article for the new mazda tribute, it said that ford owned 51% of mazda(according to R&T) maybe it was wrong. about the tranny's ...i wouldnt doubt that fors let mazda design them, seeing how the mazda's tend to be more durable then fords, no offense ford owners.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.