Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wahts the difference between Stage 1 and stage 3 clutch and what would be the best for my 95/ls mtx
thanx

·
Registered
159 Posts
I've got a Stage III Dual Friction Clutch. It does wonders, you can chirp in 3rd gear if you know your rev. timning. As well, I notice a nice bit of torque increase and absolutly no slipping.

Ryan // 102020 // r3mix

·
Registered
160 Posts
don't quote me on this, but i believe that it has to do with how much power they can handle/what you want to do. the stage 1 is for just normal driving, n/a(no turbo, supercharger, things of that nature). the stage 3 is for turbo'ed apps, street/strip work, stuff like that. a lot of people that i talked to said to go with the stage 3 anyhow, that it's not too agressive to drive everyday, and if you plan on doing anything down the road, you'll really kick yourself. also, if you're doing the clutch, you might want to look into a fidanza flywheel as well. just a thought. good luck, later

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have had both the CM stage 1 and the CM stage 3.

The stage one has an OEM style clutch disk but the pressure plate has more clamping force than stock. THis is a good clutch for a small shot of nitrous and your average bolt ons.

The Stage three pressure plate is the same as the stage one but it comes with a kevlar disc. THis clutch is good for a larger shot of nitrous turbo etc.

I recomend the Stage 3, the pedal is soft like stock and it grabs like you wouldnt believe. It allows for future power adders too.

·
Registered
341 Posts
i have Stage 2 R from RR-racing, it works for me 100% !!!
(trust me i have huge hils here in san francisco, almost 70 degres(sp?))
i think they can handle high temperatures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts