Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the place for this questoin, but I have 2 questions.. What do all your 6's idle at"? mines right around 500 rpm's. Is that low? or normal?

Also, what are the standard plug wires? Cause mine are 8mm, and I dunno if thats stock or not.

Mines a 4cyl auto btw..

thanx....

N8 Dawg

·
Registered
175 Posts
I think it's actually supposed to be at 750! That's what mine rev's at during an idle. It's higher obvously when it's cold, but, when warm, that's what it's at!

·
Registered
283 Posts
750 is where it should idel at

G

·
0 Posts
Should be between 650 - 750 (check the label under your hood for specific speed). Mine sits steady @ ~750. You may want to give your timing a check and make sure its not off. It its ok, then there is a procedure in the Haynes which involves jumpering the TEN and GND in the diagnostic box and then adjusting the idle speed screw located on the throttle body. Or if your air filter hasn't been changed in some time (recommend @ 30K miles) it may need changed out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx..........

but........any idea on the plug wires?

-Nate

·
Banned
55 Posts
stock wires came in black color and 8mm thickness. mazda dealerships carry ngk wires (blue in color, 8mm again) but in an oem box. try carparts.com with a discount coupon. it might be a good idea to change if you're still running the stock wires. you can also test them by spraying some water and see if engine stalls or hesitates at idle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts