Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
crusing down the street in a suburb of Pittsburgh with my little sister!! i was going about 55 miles an hour in my 89 GT. i go to pass this 87-93 GT. not thinking anything of it, and simply admiring the car (always been a fan of that year GT's) i see his front end jump up! (let me first remind all of us MX-6 GT lovers, from where was the GT most fast? thats right 60 to 100 mph!!!) without thinking i cracked 3rd. he was still up on me from the early jump but then i pulled even through the red line. we are nose to nose, nobody pulling on anyone. then came my fatal 4th as i call it. when i hit forth i had to look in my mirror to see him until we came upon the light! it was great!! i was so excited. then we did a little lip talking and he signaled something. it ended up me and him in the front of both lanes at the next light. i was ready, chirping tire, and he was power blocking his auto. sorry to say this time i burned out (like an idiot, to much pressure, im sorry guys) and had no chance. but still! i loved beating him from 55 on!!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Nice kill. Hope your little sister had her seat belt on!! If he had the auto you may have evenaully caught him in the second race.

I had a guy in a Caprice SS absolutely kill me off the line because I made the same mistake as you. But by 80-90 I was caught up.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I had a similar experience with a 5.0! Our cars can hang with them once they get a little speed. Off the line you would have been spanked even with a good jump. Good story.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
The only time I actually beat (not just hung with) a Mustang GT (93--97 model) was from 0--40mph where he let off--embarrassed I guess.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
jiffy6969 said:
The only time I actually beat (not just hung with) a Mustang GT (93--97 model) was from 0--40mph where he let off--embarrassed I guess.
was it a 93, a 94-95, or a 96-98? different cars, different engines...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well the 84 or so to 95 Stang GT's all had a 5.0 in them, just different versions of it like carburated to fuel injected. Fastest I beleive was the 87-92's. Then there are 96-present which have the 4.6 in them. The 96-98's were probably those slowest since 84-85. So you probably beat a 96-98 4.6 with like 215hp and 285ft-lbs of tq at about 3300lbs. Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong please.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
fox body faster than the 94-95???

i wouldnt think so, but maybe im wrong. ive never seen two stockers run against eachother.

i would think ford would make the car faster than the previous year, but maybe the 94-95 got a beer belly... who knows...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The 87 to 93 LX 5.0's were the fastest non-cobra 5.0 powered Mustangs through 95. The 87-93 GT were slightly slower but not by much. The 94-96 5.0 and early 4.6 were dogs mainly because of their extra weight but not extra power.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts