Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what is could be wrong.... My car does not crank over, just makes a clicking noise.:confused: This happened to me yesterday after work, I had to push start it and drive it home. Got home tried it again and nothing just click,click,click... So I take off the starter thinking it was stuck or something, try it again and still get the clicks... (Note: before I completely removed starter it would not even click anymore. But still getting power to everything else in the car) Removed starter took it to autozone this morning to test and came out good... What else can it be? Is there a relay for the starter? If so where is it located?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
This happened to me a few weeks ago, turned out it was the starter, the great downfall of a bench test at autozone is they cant test it with a load so even the weakest piece of ass starter will crank at autozone and not in the car

·
Registered
103 Posts
guys when a starter clicks and does not spin it is either-the contacts and plunger in the starter motor solenoid or - the brushes are worn out. usually its the brushes. when the brushes get too short basicaaly they cant transfer the power to the stator in the motor side of the starter and therefor the starter will not spin. remove your starter and take it to an auto electrician to be rebuilt but tell them you only want-new bearing, brushes, contacts and a plunger. you do not want a new drive gear, or the armature turned and polished or new bushes. do it like this and it will be cheaper then a new starter and it will last just as long

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry fellas I do get on this board often. But mostly just lurk around. I recently had bad things go wrong with this I4 MX6. But it's back on the Road now. As this is my DD. But anyways I wound up being a bad ground. Replaced it and all was good. Until the water pump crapped out, Causing the car to overheat and cracked the head on cylinder #3. None the less I was thankful I had a spare head sitting in my garage for over a year. Glad I didn't toss it in the Garbage as I was going to about a week prior to this happening.

I am also in the process of getting the MX6 ready to paint. 1st time doing it so I hope it comes out good. Currently doing body work. Cars going to be metallic black. I also want to do some kind of stripe on the side with MX6 in it but drawing a blank right now.

As for the Blown LT1. It is not blown anymore. I am completely redoing the motor and is undergoing a turbo setup. Should be around [email protected]#'s. Should be fun. Also going to repaint the car a dark gray color...
Here is how it sits (alone and sad :( )

Specs:
4340 Eagle 3.480 crank
Eagle 5.7 h-beam rods with 8740 rod bolts
Diamond #11420 pistons (4.030 -22cc dished piston 2618 material)
Block is a splayed main LT1 callies main caps
Stock volume oil pump with gm white spring, LS7 Lifters,
Stock Oil Pan
Off the Shelf 62cc Trick Flow Heads with a custom grind turbo cam from Advanced Induction.
Log manifold hot parts
Ebay cold side 3.5" with a 34x12x4 FMIC
x02racing waste gate Model # xa5821 huh
No BOV just yet
T4 Turbonetics T76 .96 a/r F-1 GTK turbine wheel

1 - 12 of 12 Posts