Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

what are your experiences with changing the starter on 1st gens?

i know its in a b!tch of a spot, im sick of hitting it with a stick so its about time i change it..

how much am i looking at, where is the best place to get one, how hard is it to change etc etc..

thanks guys..

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Hehe... Gotta love unpredicatble 15 year old cars!

Xscape, been there done that 6 months ago . Though the starter is in a awkward position, it's really easy to do. All up it takes an hour to do. It involves 3 bolts and one power wire. The big tip is to remove the support brace hanging off the throttle body. Than hey presto, you have double the space to access the starter.

As for prices, i picked up a second hand one from Bennet's Maz/Ford wreckers in Dandenong for $60 with a 6mth warranty.

At least it's shady below the car coz we are in for scorcher today.
Good [email protected]

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
im sick of hitting it with a stick so its about time i change it..
hahahahaha.

quote of the week :)

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks yodo, i'll look into it when i get home.

ducktape, haha, its funny cause its true..

stupid piece of crap left my car stranded at the drags when the police rolled up.. i figured they couldnt fine me if they didnt see me there, so i left the car and hitched a ride to the servo.. came back to find the police took their punishment on my car.

im angry because they just assumed i was attending the drags.

so the moral of the story is change your starter if you think its on its way out, you never know where your car is gonna give up on u.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts