Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if its a repeat question but i dont have time to look, have to hurry to work in 10mins due to the related problem...

Car wont start immediately in mornings especially now that its cold. sometimes it wont start right away after the engine has just been cooled off and the car has sat for a few hours... Just keeps cranking and then if i get it to start it will die really quick the first time and the second attempt i can usually get it to run. is this a issue of spark? i'm not sure if this is a sign of distributor problems.... if anyone can help me out i would much appreciate it kudos to anyone with good help...

·
Registered
954 Posts
How is ur fuel system ? It could be fuel related too, good luck

·
Registered
954 Posts
check the disty, rotor, plugs, wires first, then check the fuel filter if the electrical stuff checks out. also, how old is ur battery ?

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Turn the key to ON and wait until you hear the fuel pump prime, then press the gas a few times, then start. If that helps then fuel is your issue.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
still had problems this morning starting the car.. i changed out the fuel filter that probably had a 160k on it and didn't seem to help besides better gas mileage. Could a Faulty battery be the problem? i'm not sure how old the battery is, it was in the car when i bought it over a year ago, i checked the fluid level on it and it was extremely low so i just topped it off with water, that was last night, didn't iimprove anything. I have brand new ngk plugs and a new set of wires from the klze swap a few months ago. Could it be that the timing is advanced on the disty? only 2degrees tho i believe..

·
Registered
954 Posts
still had problems this morning starting the car.. i changed out the fuel filter that probably had a 160k on it and didn't seem to help besides better gas mileage. Could a Faulty battery be the problem? i'm not sure how old the battery is, it was in the car when i bought it over a year ago, i checked the fluid level on it and it was extremely low so i just topped it off with water, that was last night, didn't iimprove anything. I have brand new ngk plugs and a new set of wires from the klze swap a few months ago. Could it be that the timing is advanced on the disty? only 2degrees tho i believe..

Before u look at the timing, it couldn't hurt to have the battery checked at a local parts store like autozone, just to make sure. u wouldn't want to do the disty timing only to find out that the battery was the problem. Check the contacts and battery cables also, my battery is corroding my starter cable up the ass and it's making for some horrible starts, so IMO check that first, then check the disty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts