Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound like a dumb question. But once in a while when I am starting my six I twist the key and get a click. If I keep it up then the car will start, but does this mean that my starter is going bad or is it another electrical issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all of your help.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Might be the battery either it is dying or it is not charged enough. I am not sure so do not quote me. Sounds like a similar situation I had. When my battery was low it would not even turn just click. when i got it charged it worked fine. My Alternator is not charging it enough so gona have to change that.

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's probably the battery, grrrr, should be fun to swap out.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
On these cars it is most likely the alternator, be sure you have it checked before spending $$$ you don't have to. It is very easy to do with a multimeter.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The battery is fine, it usually will click a couple of time then start and has been doing this for a couple of weeks. I really think it's the starter. Battery is full.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
I just had my starter rebuilt and took it out myself. The rebuild was $90 and taking it out took 7 screws that don't even touch the starter. It took me about 4 hours to figure out how to get it out and then to take it out. Now it would take me about 30 min to an hour.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts