Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car dosent always start I have a new battery and it keeps draining for some reason I dont know why. If I play my stereo the battery gets drained if I dont it starts fine
PLEASE HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I've always known alternators to go rather suddenly but perhaps yours is on the way out or for some reason is not recharging your battery 100%. Have it tested at almost any service station.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
$91 for a rebuilt 70amp Manual one at AutoZone or Advanced AutoParts, about twice that for the 80amp one that comes on the automatic cars.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
If it is the alternator, reach back behind/under it and make sure the connector is not loose. Mine did the same thing, and all it was was the connection. Plugged it back in, no problems since.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
The on I purchased had a $65 core fee that is refunded when you return the old one. The bad part about this is that you get taxed on the purchase price PLUS the price of the core fee. (the entire amount) This is Ohio, and that is kinda of a bummer.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I just had to replace my starter. It would engage, but the starter wouldn't spin. I kept a metal bar in my truck that I would have to whip out and smack the starter a few times to get the brushes to make a better contact. Then the thing would usually start up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
if u are having problems with the battery keeping power with ur stereo system u may want to look into a lightning / farad cap... (holds juice for when the bass hits it draws off the cap).. i also fixed mya battery problem by upgrading to an optima deep cycle.. little spendy.. but worth it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts