Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has been having problems starting. It starts some of the time. When it doesn't start, it's ussually hotter than normal. However 2 days ago it wouldn't start @ all ever. Today the Wipers and the fluid pump stopped working. So I've had to push it to start 6+ consecutive times to start it now. Then tonight I started it just fine AND the wipers work. The yellow wiper light has stayed on for 2 weeks (yes there is fluid in there. Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, I started my car 3 times today and had to push/roll it twice. Some times the selunoid clicks and some times it doesn't (yesterday it was not but it was today.) ANY IDEAS???

·
Registered
512 Posts
I'm not calling you dumb or anything but maybe just maybe the starter is dead!!!!!!!! The wipers are unrelated.

·
Registered
84 Posts
maybe the timing is off

·
Registered
176 Posts
If it isn't the starter, I had a similar problem with my car. It ended up being the saftey switch for the clutch was messing up. It is underneath the dash, the switch just makes it so that the clutch has to be in to start the car. Just an idea.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's FIXED!!!

I always push the clutch in when I start anyways.

I had the starter rebuilt. It works fine. however, it was a m0f0 BITCH to take out and put back in. I needed to take out the 3 bolts for the starter, 2 10mm, 3 14mm and one 19mm bolt to get the starter OUT of my car. Most bolts needed a breaker bar to get them loose.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey Panther37, i just orderd my dawes device and I was wondering what has been said about it? Anyways good to hear that you got you car going, I hated pushing mine. It kinda got embarrasing when I had to push it down the parking lot at school.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
142,000 5-Speed, Fixing up (Spark plugs, Struts, fuel pump.) Planned mods: Green light kit and dawes device, T-bird turbo.)
I do believe is says PLANNED, I don't have one yet...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts