Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alot of questions....

Hey, i've been wondering what everyone else has done with there ZE heads. I have a klze and need to know what's the best way to go about changing the heads out, i want my ze to last me awhile which means i can't have any floating valves!! I have a set of DE heads off my old engine, is it okay to just use those with my ZE cams? I need to know what's going to work out (pros and cons) Also need to know where i can get new lifters, valves, springs. i'll want to replace everything on my DE's heads with 160k miles on them for i doubt they would do much better in that condition. Other options?? changing everything out in the ZE heads? if i do that will everything fit correctly? i have a understanding the the rear set of lifters on the ZE are a 3mm difference the the DE's.

Pretty much i just need some good advice on how to go about this.
Many opinions appreciated!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
the valve springs/retainers/keepers from the KLDE all work in the ZE. They are smaller than the intake springs/retainers/keepers of the ZE but are stronger and have better pressure. Check out my post #7 here: Spring Info

ZE heads are better flowing, I recommend you take 12 springs/retainers/collets from the DE (intake and exhaust are the same- but may as well use intake) and put them in your ZE intake side. ZE exhaust springs are the same as DE. If your DE springs are fatigued get a set of even better springs from Interprep :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yea I know it seems odd but you just email them saying you would like 24 springs for your ZE and the extra 12 collets and retainers. It'll will most likely be Alistair replies, he's very knowledgeable about our engines.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts