Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So A fellow MIPOCer and a bunch of his friends, and I were coming home from the street races last night.
we're messing around racing each other for a few seconds at a time, when I see a 3rd gen Supra Turbo.
I give him quite a few blips of the throttle, but he doesn't want to run. Then I notice a set of headlights ON MY ASS!
I speed up and change lanes, then the car pulls up next to me... a '94 or '95 Stealth R/T TT!!!!

Dunno why, but I rev at him:D, he revs back, and we hit it at the same exact time (45mph)!

We stayed DEAD EVEN with each other! I couldn't believe it, and I'm sure he was thinking ":wtf:" hehe:)

We went up to 100ish (pretty sure it was higher, but I wasn't watching the speedo), then had to shut down because of a light, plus I had to turn and get on the freeway.

He gives me a :tup: and I return it. Glad to send another person on his way with a new respect for PGTs:cool:
Jon White (MIPOCer) gets up next to me and I think he was kinda in awe:D

Now if we had raced from a stop... he would've taken me good:eek: AWD rocks like that

·
Registered
73 Posts
Where is the edit function? I didn't even think I sent that first reply...oh well...let the whoring continue:)

NPA!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sigh to yourself

I know what these cars car Do. If it was a non turbo I would have DEMOLISHED it. Most TT's run 14.2's stock. I run a 14.5.

All their advantage is off the line. we raced from a roll.
I already had to explain myself once here:

http://64.60.145.228/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=41254&forum=5&51

I know what The R/T TTs are capable of. My cousin owns a modded one, and I love the cars. But damn, they aren't invincible.:)

Anywho, I don't feel like going through it all again, so read that PT link.

G

·
No, they run mid to high 13's stock depending on driver. I own a Stealth and a Probe. My ID is the same (tbadiuk) on www.3si.org. I'm just tired of "defending" 3/S cars on this baord and probetalk.

On 3/s I'm always correcting people in the "Probe/MX6 cars are crap" threads. On ProbeTalk/MX6.com it's always "my Ptobe SE beat a VR4".

If you *DID* actually do what you're saying, then the guy can't drive or his car is running like crap.

Ted

G

·
First- Sorry for being so hard on ya. It was mainly a kneejerk reaction since like I said I'm always "defending" 3/s cars on here and probetalk and MX6/PGT's on 3si.org. The curse of owning both cars!

I read the probetalk thread and most people there also didn't seem to believe you.

However, I now DO believe you. Reason? I've got both my cars registered right now (normally one is in storage) and I was playing around this week doing some "test racing". My friend with a 93 TT was with me. I had my 97 PGT with me. We noticed something interesting when going about 60kpm (close enough to 40mph) and gunning it.

GEARING- With the Probe GTS I was in the sweet spot in 3rd whereas the TT was a good 1k-2k away from the best part of it's powerband. Now, I personally still got killed since my GTS stock. However, if you're running sub 15 1/4 times then you most likely could have hung with the TT for a while at least. Now, if the guy would have bothered down-shifting it would have been another story. :D However, like you said he was surprised so he most likely thought he had an 'easy kill'.

Anyways, I normally wouldn't even write this much but I'm on hour 26 without sleep and still not tired (wired actually). $#?$?# insomnia....

Ted

·
Registered
126 Posts
There are way to many variables to keep in mind when determing whether this is bs. I dont think it is. Things like the driver; maybe he was in a higher gear and didn't downshift, maybe he thought it would be an easy kill and didn't give it much effort. You also dont know the condition of either of the cars so how can you say anything? The PGT might have had major mods on it and or the S might have had some problems. The point is YOU DONT KNOW so chill out and go smoke a spliff.

·
Registered
58 Posts
This is all Dodge's fault for making the R/T identical to the TT :D

If I were placing bets, my money would be on the "It was an N/A R/T, not TT" factor.

The only way this could have gone down as told would be if the TT stayed in 5th gear the whole time, or was part throttling through the gears.

G

·
We have some crazy people on www.3si.org running a 150 shot on their NA 3000GT/Stealth's! :eek:

Just waiting for the day when I read their "My engine grenaded last night" stories....

Ted

1 - 15 of 15 Posts