Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever experience the steering locking up while making turns? I was going about 60 on an over pass when the steering felt like it was locked or stuck, I could move it but it felt tight. Scared the shit out of me, it only did it one other time. Anybody know what it could be? It's running fine now, but scared it'll happen again.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Yeah the exact same thing happened to me in my 2nd gen. It was a slipping power steering belt. It only happened at high speeds. You have to get that fixed soon, I ignored mine for a while because it rarely happened, then I almost ran off the road.
Serious problem.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only other time it happened to me was when I slowed down real fast and made a turn. Thanks a lot for the info, I'm going to the dealer tomorrow for the airbag recall anyway. Appreciate it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
What airbag recall? I am heading to the dealer tomorrow as well for other stuff....

PeMiL

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got a letter in the mail telling me there was a recall on the airbags. It said something like they have reprogram the computer. I don't know what model year it applies to, but I have a 95 MX-6 LS V6.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts