Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had this shaking since i started driving the car, its a 95 626 V6 Atx.
The car runs great,
Althought the alignment is a bit bad, it pulls to the right when i let go the wheel.
here is the details on the shaking, when driving normal everything is smooth,(up to 10-50mph) when i start to go faster it shakes or vibrates (60mph) but then theres sometimes it doesnt shake when going faster, Also if i put it to the floor for a few seconds and let off doing 60+ it doesnt seem to shake. if i make a turn or a merge it stops shaking, I believe its probaly bad control arm bushings, but its a toss up between that and a trani going bad.
The trani shifts ok, i just did a oil flush on it and it seems to be top notch. but then again the car has 170k on it and im afraid the trani might be calling it quits.
Also theres no smells (like burnt oil) or smoking.. Also the trani has never stalled or had delayed shifting

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
When I had that problem it turned out to be the strut mounts.
It could also be the rotors. I had almost the same problem before. Being that you have an ATX it just adds another possibility, your tranny.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
might be an unbalanced wheel or tire. jack the front of the car up and drive until u get to the problem speed and see if it happens. that'll eliminate suspension.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Iam gonna vote on the bad alignment or tires starting to bald out, this happened on my g/f accent and we couldn't even think of what it could be but when she took it in to the shop thats all that it needed and now its perfect

·
Registered
397 Posts
Just to rule out the unbalanced tire possibility, rotate the front to the rear and see if you feel the vibration in your seat/ floor instead of the steering wheel. If it does not change, it's probably control arm bushings.

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the tires are balanced fine,
also the brakes are fine.

also i should note, when i let off the gas is when its most violent, if keep the gas hammerd or atleast going it stops or is very mild.
also if i make a right turn or turn slightly to the right its smooth, if i turn to the left its still violent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts