Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My steering wheel seems to have gotten very loose and when i make a hard right turn or left turn the steering wheel doesnt come back to center when i straiten the car out. It will slightly stay to the left or right. Any ideas whey it does this. Also the alingment is fine, when the steering wheel is tilted the car doesnt pull at all.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah the tire wear is exactly the same. when the steering wheel is centered i can take my hands off and it will stay in course but when it gets to one side it will veer to that side

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just dont think it is that because when the steering wheel is centered it doesnt pull. Do you think there is just something loose?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats what i will have to do. I was just hopeing it was something simple thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm having the same problem. It won't self-centre. My alignment man reckons the rack needs recon ($$$). I'm searching here in the slim hope that it might be something less drastic.

I see some of the 1G have a solenoid in the rack that fails. Does anyone know if there is a similar thing in the 2G?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Always check tire pressure first. I know it sound silly but tire pressure is easy to check and can driving problems if tire pressure doen't match.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts