Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I've got a 94 mx6 ls. I have noticed that going into my second gear is sometimes kinda sticky? Like when I pull it down to go into 2nd gear I either have to pull a little harder or else just hold it for a second and it will pull itself in. What could cause this problem?

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
shift gate going bad or your bushings are mucked up...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do I determine which it is?
Also, what is the difficulty of this fix? and how much could it cost?

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
easy to diagnose. get your car up in the air. disconnect your shift rod from the transmission. use a long screw driver to shift your transmission to see if it's still sticky in any gears..this will tell you if it's anything internal. then look where the shift rod connects with your shifter assembly, check the boot, bushings for wear and/or dirt and grime.

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts
I don't know Fokz, I've heard the same thing before for 2nd gen 6's, and mine does the same. Maybe if you read through some past posts it'll tell you if it's common and if it's correctable.

Later

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got another thing to add...... If I am just sitting in idle, then the gears slide through easily.......its just when I am moving it has a hard time sliding into 2nd gear........also if I double clutch it slides in a little smoother..could this narrow it down to be more specific?

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts
Mine has exactly the same symptoms. Every once in a while though, and I'm talking about once every 3 or 4 weeks, it slides into second very easy, even though it doesn't seem to me as if I did anything different.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts