Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides the expensive Mazdaspeed mounts, where can I get some stiff engine mounts to keep the engine from turnig as much. The klze moves enough to make shifting harder and grind a bit.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I too was wondering the same question. I have yet to find anyone who sells any aftermarket motor mounts. Did you do any reading on Probe talk about a guy who just filled his old mounts w/ polyurathae? Might be worth a try.

·
Registered
10 Posts
POLY Mounts

Anyone use these?

http://www.awrracing.com/store/product_info.php?cpath=12_35&products_id=66

ENGINE MOUNT KIT, 626, MX-6, PROBE 1993-97 - 95 Durometer
These motor mounts, utilizing 95 durometer polyurethane bushings in a reinforced gold cadmium plated housing were designed to cure the rock in the engine caused by worn out factory mounts. Not only do they eliminate most of the movement but they increase shifting crispness in the manual application. Available for auto trans cars. FITS 626, MX-6, PROBE 4 CYL AND V-6.

Also available in an 88 durometer urethane. :rocket:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
marcusantonus said:
Anyone use these?
Yes

nolanspawn said:
^ Talk to this guy

EDIT: Does anyone make poly inserts for the other 3 mounts our cars have? I have the front and rear from AWR, but my other mounts are completely gone too, and id to replace them, but dont want to just get new OEM mounts if I can get Poly inserts. RR mounts are just for the front and rear too, right?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
i am looking for a side mount??? its just next to the passenger side next to the suspension area

·
Registered
679 Posts
No one makes aftermasrket side mounts. Brand new stock mounts is the only option...

Josh

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
how much r they in the US?? in the uk they are 150 pounds + vat thats about 300 $!!!!

·
Registered
549 Posts
try corksport.com. and just call to get pricing for your mounts. or just try ebay. one guy sells a DIY kit. awr i recommend. i have them and work great.

·
Registered
679 Posts
The side mounts the grooves arent the same as the RR-racing inserts.

Josh

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
there isn't the side to side motion like there is with front to rear. stock sides are sufficient.

·
Registered
549 Posts
agreed!!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
BOYZERO said:
Yeah, but when theyre gone, completely, and need to be replaced, whats the point of spending $200+ on OEM mounts when you could possibly buy polyurethane inserts :shrug:

That sucks though. Guess I gotta get ripped in the ass by either Corksport.com or the Mazda dealership

·
Registered
763 Posts
anyone ever tried to put polyurethane on the side mounts and fill them in with that, i heard you can do that and just wait like 5-6 days to dry up. I just picked up a side motor mount for 5 bucks at the junkyard and i was going to go to a hardware store and try to find polyurethane...anyone have a writeup/suggestions on how to do it? ill try searching and coming back with the answer.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I did that on my side mounts....

Josh

·
Registered
260 Posts
Grab yourself a tubo of hi temp Silicone filler (the reasonably expensive stuff) rip out ur engine mounts and FILL THEM with silicone. 3 of mine are, and they couldnt be better.
you can feel the engine bucking a little more though, since these are solid mounts and the engine cant move around in them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts