Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys if you dont already know i put in ze cams and the car doesnt sound like it even wants to start.I have spark and I have fuel i can smell it.I have stripped it down 2 tiems now and put it back together.I see nothing wrong...I lined the cam pulleys up by lining the back 2 dots up with the two ledges on the rear VC and the front one up by the yellow dot on the pulley to the point on the Head on the front one.The Crankshaft i took the pulley off and line the crank up with the arrow to the drememled line on the sprocket.I have no codes at all guys what could it be im lost for ideas now...Ive tryed everything The gears on the cams were never removed they are the same way they came from a working ZE

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
You are way more experienced and knowledgeable than me, but since you are stuck, and nobody else is replying, I'm going to have a go:

You have spark, and fuel. Do you have compression? (try a quick compression test, just to make doubly sure). Then there's re-checking the obvious: spark plug wires on in the right order? Rotor pointing to cylinder #1 when it's at tdc of the *compression* stroke? (Since the crankshaft turns 2 complete revolutions for every 1 revolution of the camshaft, is it possible you might be one whole revolution out in the crank timing, even if the timing marks all line up?)

·
Registered
822 Posts
we have some pretty knowlegable guys in the Uk forum, some have the genuine mazda workshop manual aka the bible! Worth posting there ands seeing what they say. Sorry i cant be of any more help.

Reactions: Jay246

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I got it started!!!! Woot WOot...There is NO timing mark on my sprocket!!! i took the #1 spark plug out of the socket and put a wooden dowel in it and it was like 3 quarters of the way down! I then turned the crank till the dowel was at its highest point then put it all back together and she starts.But it is very jerky the engine wabbles and the car shakes.Any ideas? timing be off a tooth?i tryed turning the disty but it doesnt help at all to tell you the truth it didnt seem to change a thing lol( yea i was in diag mode).im just glad to hear it fire up.I was told normally if the timing is off one tooth it wont start,

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well its running smooth now.The idle is perfect it runs smooth sounds ok.The only problem I have now is....IT SLOW!!! the acceleration is Horrible.I feel like im driving a bug!
any ideas?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts