Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I was just wondering what are the make and size of the stock speakers in the 2nd Gen MX6?? (Both front and rear)

Are they different from country to country??

Ive got Infinity speakers in my rear and just recently blew one of them and was wondering are they the stock speakers or have they been changed since the manufacture of the car.

·
Registered
886 Posts
5 x 7s / 6 x 8s (same thing) front and rear. Don't know what brand they are, but they aren't that great. You can't do too much with the rear speakers, just leave them and use them for rear fill. For the fronts, try some 13cm or 16cm (5.25" or 6.5") speakers.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are there tweeters in the 2nd Gen MX6 Aus cars

·
Registered
886 Posts
The stock tweeters are mounted high on the dashboard next to the front windscreen....probably not the ideal location according to my audio shop, who say tweeters should be mounted as close to the mid-driver as possible.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats true about being close to the mids, but most high end good quality competition sounds components can be split up and mounted in different places away from the mids.

As long as you get the right sound and they are pointing in the right direction mounting spots arent really that important overall.

·
Registered
886 Posts
What speakers are you looking at Darko ?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure yet, I have to replace the infinity speakers in the rear, not sure what to look for.

Its been a long time since I left car audio installations so I havent kept up with whats available on the market.

But ive decided to keep the stock tape and cd player which came with the car since it functions great and the sound is really going to matter with the amp and speakers I have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts