Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my recent road trip to Austin, on the first night there while on the way to the clubs a late model Civic with a fart pipe (resonator, whatever ya wanna call it) caught up with me on a major road. I sped up a bit to match his speed and then began to pass him. Once I passed him I heard this loud rev come from his engine, he must have gone to 2nd or something insane, but he had to be pinning the tach. Anyway he quickly shifted back, and so I leasurly went to 3rd to get a little punch, and then went back to 4th. Soon we were doing roughly 90mph, me still in 4th. I let off a little and relaxed and was talkin with the two other people in my car, as he flew past me. I glanced and saw an orange reflection in his window. I am guessing it was a boost guage, which makes this story even better, cuz I had already pretty much taken him, and I don't have a turbo. The only reason I didn't continue was my fuzz buster was going berzerk.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Cool.

I don't understand these Hondaheads. You have an LX with 115hp and passengers and still beat a modified Civic. Whats up with thoses guys?

Let it go down on record..... I have never lost to a Honda... You name it Accord.... Civic.... CRX..... Prelude. I will not even race anymore. Too boring.

G

·
0 Posts
honda what?

i've raced only a couple of hondas and have yet to lose, but i do know that there are some out there that will blow me away.....damn i want a turbo ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've learned a thing about racing Honduhs... if they piss me off to get a race out of me, I win. If I piss them off (oops) they win. The more stickers, the slower (wind drag?). The goofier the kit the slower.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts