Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i raced my friend with a supped up 95 prelude.......pulled out about 1 car length in the start........he peeled out .........so i got out in front and had a sloppy shift into second.....(not paying attention).......BROOOMMMM with his loudmouth exhaust..i see his crome wheels ..its a honda but this is a pretty fast car.....

Racing is not big in montana.......We have hella ricer hondas with cheap silver painted wheel covers and fart exhaust

lemongopher

G

·
I raced my buddys Prelude SRV (In Canada the SRV is the 195 hp V TEC engine). Anyway had the same results as you. First and Second gear I was ahead by about a car length, and then all i saw was his rear bumper. Damn those cars are pretty quick.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
this is the oldest racing story we seem to have on file... don't know why I am getting a kick outta this, but it is fun!!!

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
lol so aggiedj02 your trying to say that 4th gen prelude Vtec's can beat 2nd gen Mx6's?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
midnightMX6 said:
lol so aggiedj02 your trying to say that 4th gen prelude Vtec's can beat 2nd gen Mx6's?
I don't think that is what I was saying at all??? Did I say that anywhere?

I was just pointing out that this thread is a piece of mx6.com history. The OLDEST racing story we have on the server is this one accoding to the server itself. Just cool to me that's all.

As far as the validity of the story... who knows!!!:)

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Well, lets keep this ancient thread alive guys! I have a prelude race story to add as well :). I raced a friend of mines 97 prelude with a triptronice transmission and a full catback exhaust. Off the line i jumped out to a small lead, he was prolly on my rear bumper, and then I continued to slowly increase my lead until he got to the end of third gear, around 80kmph, and then all i could hear was his car absolutly screaming and he passed me and was very slowly pulling away, then i shut down becuase i didnt think i was gonna catch him. It was super close and fun too :).

-Bryce

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Si[xXx]er said:
Well, lets keep this ancient thread alive guys! I have a prelude race story to add as well :). I raced a friend of mines 97 prelude with a triptronice transmission and a full catback exhaust. Off the line i jumped out to a small lead, he was prolly on my rear bumper, and then I continued to slowly increase my lead until he got to the end of third gear, around 80kmph, and then all i could hear was his car absolutly screaming and he passed me and was very slowly pulling away, then i shut down becuase i didnt think i was gonna catch him. It was super close and fun too :).

-Bryce
Okay, here's my Lude story. As with all great stories it starts with someone making a horrible personal decision, in this case letting me borrow his car. The car in question, the 1991 VW Corrado G60. Anyway, get on the highway, friend behind me in his Lude. 01 SI. I/H/E. Im off the ramp first and take the passing lane. Way down the highway I see a truck in the right lane. I know to "win" this race all I need to do is to keep ahead of him enough so he can't get in front of me in the left lane. (Let's face it, at 60+ mph the Lude is much more in it's powerband then a Corrado) Anyway, he comes off the ramp screaming. And slowly starts reeling me in. Gaining, gaining. And we creep up on the truck quickly. He takes a lead, getting his rear bumper at my front, but I know he doesn't have the room to slide in front of me before we pass the truck. Then he does the unthinkable, (Kids, don't EVER do this.), rips into the breakdown lane, around the truck, and back in front of him. It was the most blatantly dangerous act I've ever seen performed in a car. It was pretty cool to watch though. :shrug:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts