Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

stock 93 ls VS 95 honda prelude

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  rylinkus 
Si[xXx]er said:
Well, lets keep this ancient thread alive guys! I have a prelude race story to add as well :). I raced a friend of mines 97 prelude with a triptronice transmission and a full catback exhaust. Off the line i jumped out to a small lead, he was prolly on my rear bumper, and then I continued to slowly increase my lead until he got to the end of third gear, around 80kmph, and then all i could hear was his car absolutly screaming and he passed me and was very slowly pulling away, then i shut down becuase i didnt think i was gonna catch him. It was super close and fun too :).

-Bryce
Okay, here's my Lude story. As with all great stories it starts with someone making a horrible personal decision, in this case letting me borrow his car. The car in question, the 1991 VW Corrado G60. Anyway, get on the highway, friend behind me in his Lude. 01 SI. I/H/E. Im off the ramp first and take the passing lane. Way down the highway I see a truck in the right lane. I know to "win" this race all I need to do is to keep ahead of him enough so he can't get in front of me in the left lane. (Let's face it, at 60+ mph the Lude is much more in it's powerband then a Corrado) Anyway, he comes off the ramp screaming. And slowly starts reeling me in. Gaining, gaining. And we creep up on the truck quickly. He takes a lead, getting his rear bumper at my front, but I know he doesn't have the room to slide in front of me before we pass the truck. Then he does the unthinkable, (Kids, don't EVER do this.), rips into the breakdown lane, around the truck, and back in front of him. It was the most blatantly dangerous act I've ever seen performed in a car. It was pretty cool to watch though. :shrug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.