Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on getting a klze but I have heard alot of people say that with the stock computer there is no difference and some people say it needs to be reprogramed for the vris shift points can somebody please settle this matter I want to get the 200hp crank from this motor.

·
Registered
200 Posts
It's supposed to work like this:

Getting the KL-ZE will increase your hp,even with the stock ECU, but to maximize it & make the engine run properly, you need to get the ECU reprogrammed. So if you want the 200hp, get the ECU too.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
94mxsix said:
I plan on getting a klze but I have heard alot of people say that with the stock computer there is no difference and some people say it needs to be reprogramed for the vris shift points can somebody please settle this matter I want to get the 200hp crank from this motor.
The big power adders in the KLZE conversion are mechanical: better intake, better cams, more compression and bigger head ports result in more airflow giving more power. The KL03 PCM will work for the KLZE but it won't be optimal, but you won't lose gobs of power to it.

The VRIS points are a good example. The correct VRIS points for the KLZE are different than they are for the KL03; 4062/4781/6812 versus 3250/4250/6250 for the KL03. The KL03 PCM will switch at the KL03 points, producing "holes" in the powerband, which can be readily seen here. As well, the KLZE PCM runs a slightly different VRIS strategy than the '03. The important thing is that the KLZE's power peak occurs somewhere around 6000RPM, a time at which the KL03 PCM still has both VRIS valves open which is good. Correcting the VRIS points will remove a certain amount of lumpiness from the KLZE torque curve but won't add more to the overall power output.

The KLZE PCM omits a ton of the EGR-related logic and it runs a more aggressive timing curve etc. You might gain a few HP back by updating the timing table to KLZE specs, but it won't be a huge gain.

Some KLZE PROMs are not compatible with KL03 hardware, the VAF to be specific. Before springing for a KLZE PCM, make sure it'll work with your VAF.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I just bought a klze and in my car now sits a custom JET tuned ECU. Will this work with the engine or do I have to get a stock one? It is an obd2 if that matters.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dont do it

I sent my OBDII ECM to Jet and after 700 dollars Canadian I lost HP

I had it tested with my Gtech meter

The only thing they did for me was that they removed my 199 Km/h speed limiter

its a rip off

there is a web page with others that have dyno tested OBDII computers from JET and they are going to court because JET according to this webpage only put a sticker on the ECM and said do not open or warranty expires.

They obviously did work on my ECM because the engine shut down after 199 km and after the JEt upgrade ?? I got to 210.

Since then I converted to an OBDI syystem.

Now I can make my own EPROMS and play with the ECM.

many Thanks to Mike P and others who helped me with the conversion.

to go to OBD or OBDI what ever - you need a new distributor and a 94 PGT ECM - I picked one up for 100 dollars at the wreckers and the distributor is about 300 dollars. Still cheaper than 700 dollars for the JET upgrade.

check my web

www.cybertekguy.com

KLZE powered Mx3 - [email protected] with street tires

all motor baby !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts