Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever changed there stock foglights bulbs?? Im thinking about trying to put hyper whites in there but Im not sure if I can. I already took them out and looked at them. They don't look like ordinary bulbs. Is there any way to swap these out for hyper whites????

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
My foglight bulbs are H3's???

I had hyperwhites and there wasnt much of a difference (besides color) There is this little metal cover that stops glare. I bent that down and the light is way more spread out. I now have Ion yellow bulbs and I think they look damn good. It gives it a JDM look:D

BTW sleepermx6, what bulbs did the S13 healights use??

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought they looked like H1's too but a bulb book said they were H3's which didnt really make any sense because H3's are dual filament bulbs Im pretty sure. But anyway how do you get the bulb out, there is a wire attached to it and the bulb isn't in a socket as far as I can see. I tried pulling on it anyway just to see if it would come off and it didn't budge.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
H3's are not dual filament.

To get the bulb out you have to take off the black cover (twist it) and theres a metal hook that mount the bulb in the headlight. You have to take that off and the bulb will come out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts