Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Connected to the stock air box is that plastic thing that looks like it is suppossed to be the opening for the air flow (the big plastic thing, with the opening right up against the hood). Now does that even do anything, and would it make any difference if I just removed it?

Since I know someone is just going to tell me to buy an CAI. I will be buying an intake soon enough (within a couple of months. But for now and out of curiosity, do I really need that thing?

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
That duct provides the airbox with cooler air from right in front of the radiator & AC condensor. Until you find a CAI, I'd leave it in place; it's not as good as a CAI, but it's better than taking it off. With it off, the inlet to the airbox will be open right in behind the radiator, receiving the piping hot air coming off it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Are you talkin to that little black hose at the back of the filter box. I posted a question about it earlier on but I couldn't find an answer until I posted the question on probetalk - Someone there told me it is the fuel pressure regulator, and if it is removed for a long period of time it may cause damage to the cars ecu.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts