Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think im getting tired of nailing my car on every speed bump.

you guys know how much stock springs would be? or where I should look?

is this something I can do myself, or how much should it be to have them swapped out.

Also the suspen struts were "performance" & installed w/ the lowered springs. any ideas if they will work ok with stock?

THANK u MUCH

-ij

PS Chinese Golden Lion

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
a lot of people actually go this route (stock springs/lowering strut)....you'll notice a big difference in comfort besides ride height. you just need your basic hand tools, jack and spring compressors (rent them at autozone or schmucks). and yes I could help you....but you'll have to give your your front springs ;)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not sure bout springs, but I have previous owner's reciept/warranty for struts somwhere.

the car is too damn low. i need to have the underpanels bolted again. two are hangin 3" off ground.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
retsamaksrepus said:
I'll help if I get free [shizzle]! Do you need compressors for the 2nd gen? I did mine fine without them.....
it's helpful most of the time....a friend of mine tried doing springs on a Z car with out....and the spring ended up stuck in the ceiling of his garage somehow..hahah

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
HotAss6GT said:
it's helpful most of the time....a friend of mine tried doing springs on a Z car with out....and the spring ended up stuck in the ceiling of his garage somehow..hahah
Yeah, I think it just depends on the car. Thats why I was asking though, cause with 1st gens you don't and there are similarities between 1st and 2nd gen suspension.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
2 Bills? Geez...maybe I can find someone whose looking for lowered ones to swap. But then I would have to bribe you guys with other stuff....like brownies?

Or maybe some tix to a Britney Spearsh conshert *stan's sister's voice*.

·
Banned
21 Posts
i got like 3 sets of stock springs and stock struts....i was gonna roll em down a hill or something

Reactions: i_m_jones
1 - 20 of 57 Posts