Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do the stock struts hold up to lowering them? i wanna get a eibach pro kit, my last car i had the kyb's. i can get the springs for 175 bucks just dont have the fund for struts now and i hate the way the 1gb's sit higher in the front then the rear

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
not verry well, also stay away from KYB GR2. They let me down after only one year of use. Try Koni or Tokico. You will be happy with the results. Also dont forget to check your caster/camber after lowering it. I had a positive camber in the rear but the front was fine. Good luck and post pictures when you start working on it.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not verry well, also stay away from KYB GR2. They let me down after only one year of use. Try Koni or Tokico. You will be happy with the results. Also dont forget to check your caster/camber after lowering it. I had a positive camber in the rear but the front was fine. Good luck and post pictures when you start working on it.
ok thanks. thats what i thought i remembered about the struts from a few years ago with my last car. guess dropping its gonna have to wait a while. ill probably wait till i can afford konis. also as soon as i do it ill have an alingment done.

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
Don't bother doing it unless you have the money to do it right and do the whole job. There's a bunch of mounting accessories (rear strut mounts, bump stops, rubber spring seats, bearings, etc) that are all toast at this age and are going to need to be replaced. You will likely find once you open it up that you will have to replace everything on the strut assy.

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
Tokico blues are good for lowering a car. KYB GR2 are a nasty feel for stock i have those and dont like em dont even drop the car with KYB GR2.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts