Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone knows what a 2.5 litre v6 with ceramic pistons, je conecting rods and gapless rings, and hotshot headers, with competition three angle valve job(swirl polish) titanium valve springs, would be able to hold up to a custom turbine manifold with a 20g turbo at 13 psi, here is the catch, i want to put a venom dual stage 125 shot of nitro in. Give me feedback boys and girls
:confused:

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
PHAT6 said:
I was just wondering if anyone knows what a 2.5 litre v6 with ceramic pistons, je conecting rods and gapless rings, and hotshot headers, with competition three angle valve job(swirl polish) titanium valve springs, would be able to hold up to a custom turbine manifold with a 20g turbo at 13 psi, here is the catch, i want to put a venom dual stage 125 shot of nitro in. Give me feedback boys and girls
:confused:
I've heard of ceramic coated pistons, but not ceramic pistons themselves. I'll assume that's what you mean. At any rate, if you keep the compression ratio sane, a motor with that build should take 18PSI or so, so 13 should be fine. Look to be making 300+HP at the crank with 13PSI.

But you want to also add 125HP worth of nitrous to the mix? Hmmm... I see stormy clouds on the horizon. The KL block has an open deck and you may run into problems with that, especially if there's even a whiff of detonation. Also, you've got just 8 cylinder head bolts per bank, giving effectively just 4 around each cylinder, which might lead to head gasket problems with the enormous cylinder pressures. The crank and bottom end will be nearing the limits I suspect as well.

The bigger issue is this: what transaxle will you be piping 425HP through? The stock (or LSD-equipped) OEM unit? No way...not for long you won't :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mike didn't even mention how you'd get enough fuel delivered evenly... the stock injectors aren't going to do it, so you'll either have to upgrade them or go with throttle body or manifold mounted ones and use some add-on gadget to control them.

And then there is the issue of ignition... the stock system isn't set up for boost at all, pushing it to 13psi is going to have a few issues. Is the stock system going to generate enough spark?

Even if the transaxles survive your first launch, what are you going to do about wheel hop? Its a serious problem at 200 whp, at 400 its going to be insane.

I keep seeing people shooting for high boost levels and massive NOS shots. This is just foolish -- go for something moderate and, when you've got that under control, work up from there. If you go all out from day 1 you're just going to slag your engine no matter how built up you make it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts