Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 93' Mx-6 2.5L v6, and i am thinking of gettinng better hearders and running a 3inch staright pipe (no muffle, no cat, no anything) and split it with a Y and run dual exhaust with 4 1/2 tips. I know it will sound good, but is it a good idea. And don't give me the old tail about buning up the valves. I also know it will sound better than any civic though.

[Edited by MazdaMan83 on 10-26-2000 at 10:39 PM]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Actually it won't. In order to run 3 inch pipes on a noramlly asperated car you need about 300 horsepower. That is so you will have enough back pressure. You car unless you have 300 horsepower will have no back pressure and back fire like crazy. I don't think it would sound all that great either. I would strongly recommend getting some good 2.25 inch pipes with a high flow cat and a good muffler. The HKS ones' sound great. But no straight pipes it will actually take away from your perfromance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive got the same car and i have to vouch for the HKS...it sounds great and there is a difference in power on the high end...

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i would have to go with woodnutz he know his engines and performance stuff he is a very very good mechanic, know a lot of stuff so if u see him tel u soemthing listen

·
Registered
371 Posts
it would sound awesome but!!!physics will be dead against you im sorry.your exhaust gas charge will not have the right velocity to expell itself. try blowing through a straw then try blowing trough a piece of 3inch pvc pipe. you get breathless with the pvc cos its such a large area. this is what happens to your exhaust gas air as it gets backed up down the exhaust. maybe put a resonator or sumthin a little late down the exhaust so the heat charge can collect and help the gases out. but i wouldnt try 3inch. perhaps 2.25.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HKS

Can i get and Hks made for tha Mazda Mx-6, and also does anyone like Brospeed??? I just want a deep sounding exhaust, I hate high pitched exhaust.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
all the exhausts HKS makes are listed for the probe but they fit the mx-6. just remember the probes are a couple inches shorter than the mx-6 so the exhaust probably wont stick out past your bumper. mine just kindof sits under it but i haven't had any problems (melting the bumper, etc.)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It does not matter how short the muffler is as long as pipe is weilded to the muffler. You can get a exhaust tip as long as you want. So if you want it to stick out then it will. The muffler can be modified by adding pipe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.