Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today, my car finially came back from repair.. brand spankin new distributor, 5 new engine mounts, 2 tranny seals, and new wire harness.. Runs great, except for when starting cold after sitting for a while, it churns for about 7 seconds before it kicks over. Everything practically having to do with the high voltage has been replaced.. Its scary as if it doesnt want to start at all.
Any help im not good with electrical, especially on this v6.. Wondering what it could be now considering brand new disty and harness.. :confused:

·
The Full Dong
2,595 Posts
Where did the Ditsy come from? Was it a Mazda OEM part? It could also be your timing, if it is a bit off it could cause some rough starting. Have you pulled any engine codes?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh, well i figured it out.. Good old sloppy mechanics left one valve cover totally loose they never tightned half the bolts down, so i tightened them up, and made sure all plugs were tight, and it kicks right over now :D .. Yes, the distributor seems to be brand new, its different from what the original was, has a mazda stamp on it and a capacitor mounted on the outside of it, something new, must be a redesign for later versions..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts