Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my cv's went out as did my inner tie rods, so i replaced all that and took it to get an alignment done they aligned it i asked them if there was anything else broken that i would have to have replaced and they told me no. so now my car has a nasty vibration at 80 mph. only between 75-80 anything after 80 and its not there and anything before 75 there is nothing. i was told it could be either my struts which im buying on friday or my brakes. karma to anyone that points me in the right direction.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
A vibration at that speed could be tires needing balanced, but it's too much of a coincidence if the vibration only developed after the new axles were installed. I suspect that the new axles are dud, either loose (try grabbing them and shaking them) or unbalanced.

·
Registered
493 Posts
usually a vibration in a narrow speed band is caused by tires. usually.
get those re-balanced, as that is the cheapest place to start.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Also check the tire pressure..... Its the easiest and cheapest thing to check for. Its common for uneven tire pressusre to cause a number of different types of vibration/steering problems..... it also overlooked most of the time.

·
Registered
790 Posts
i cant imagine how it could be the struts, and the only way it could be the brakes is if it only happens when you are braking. sounds like a balance problem to me i had something similar for a while when i had a bad axle so i just kept the speedo above 100 and no problem :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.