Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Street racing in Melb Relpy

Hey mate just moved from sydney to Melbourne and are looking for the same thing you are. If there is none we should start some meets. Get back to us if your keen. P.S Don't give to much info here.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
theres nowhere "underground" that i can think of properly. in all honesty if u want a night/day of racing other people goto the drags and keep it off the roads.

but the closest to it im guessing is probably princess highway and warrigul roads on a friday night. but cops know about it

·
Registered
675 Posts
Speeding in Melbourne is dangerous. Even doing +3 over the speed limit you can get booked.

A friend of mine got done for 63km/h in a 60km/h zone.

As far as I know NSW/ACT must advertise the speed cameras (signs and such). Vic does not do that.

So you won't know you have been booked until you get the mail.

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
Hey mate just moved from sydney to Melbourne and are looking for the same thing you are. If there is none we should start some meets. Get back to us if your keen. P.S Don't give to much info here.
oh dude your about 5yrs too late to reply.

idiot. :tdown:

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
There is some organised street races in melb mostly in the outer suburbs but if u wanna race KEEP IT ON THE TRACK!!!!

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
im more fast and furious than you f00lz

lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
5 years too late hey.. opps.. and aus terror yes all you say is true however if you have a gps you can buy software that has all the fixed camera locations and will beep when you are approching a camera. australia wide.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Speeding in Melbourne is dangerous. Even doing +3 over the speed limit you can get booked.

A friend of mine got done for 63km/h in a 60km/h zone.

As far as I know NSW/ACT must advertise the speed cameras (signs and such). Vic does not do that.

So you won't know you have been booked until you get the mail.
If you have a GPS you can buy software with all the fixed speed camera locations. it will beep at you when you are approaching a camera aust wide.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
You would be surprised how many street racing events still go on they are alot more open to it with public forums now with sms of the meeting points

Still a stupid idea altho least the organised ones run in places with no traffic (idustrial areas etc)

But still got a need for speed take it to the track

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
There are a lot of street racing events. They meet up at obscure places like industrial parks and stuff as NiN said. You just have to be in the loop, which I'm not because I don't really agree with it.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
umm i knwo around lilydale insdustrial estate they have "drift" meeting and races every sat night

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
I think I remember this post when it was first put up and I do remember all the replys became deleted and Pm's were the norm.

LOL oh my god

I bet have of you don't even remember rics Mx-6 either sweet thing

1 - 20 of 48 Posts