Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, after my power window switch died on me I tried to take off the door panel on the drivers side. Everything pretty much came off like it should except around the door handle. I just couldn't seen to get that part to come off. There's a screw in the handle, and on the drivers side the head is stripped so I can't take it out, but I think I was able to take off my passenger side without removing the screw in the handle. Does anyone know what else might be causing the panel to stick?

·
Registered
806 Posts
I really think that you have to take it off. How stripped is it? Can you get a large phillips head on it with lots of pressure as it shouldn't be too tight. My next step would be to drill the head off, carefully! Is the screw in the door release or the handle with the screw in the bottom underneath the piece of felt? I can't look at mine since I didn't drive it today, but will check when I get home. On another note, does the passenger button still work on the drivers side? If so, you can take the switch out, change the buttons over and you will be able to at least put the window up and down until you get a replacement.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the screw, I meant the one thats right under the lock, and yeah... it looks pretty stripped. I dunno how they did it but they did. I'll see if I can fit a large headed screwdriver in there. And as for the power switch, its completely dead, as in the board broke in half and fell out. The previous owner had apparently been messing around with the switch, so now there's no switch there. I completely unplugged the master switch... and the passenger side still won't go up. Oh well... off to the dealer :(

·
Registered
806 Posts
Make sure to take some non-petroleum lubricant with you, you will need it. :E Get out the check book and prepare yourself when they tell you how much it is to replace those crappy little switches.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts