Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put strobes in there headlights? I have the strobe kit with multiple colors and a adjustable timing. Think it would look nice parked with them sometimes. ;) Anyone have any tips on install?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey.. yeah i have that same kit hehe.. I put it up in my corner lights though, i didnt really want to drill in my headlights. It wasn't hard to install at all, just drill and hook up.. They flash pretty slow though, and sometimes my right strobe is jacked up and doesnt flash.. i dunno its kinda ghetto but works hehe.. i hooked it up to my keyless/remote starter so everytime i press anything on there it goes off..

j

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I was under the hood for a while last night trying to find another way into the headlights. heh. I'll stick them in the sides and see how it looks, since I'm not too hot on drilling into the lights myself, maybe later. thanks man, I'll let you know how it comes out!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool. how easy is it to drill a hole into them? are they easy to crack?

·
Registered
405 Posts
just be careful let the drill do all the work and you should have no problem. whatever you do dont lean into it, or it will crack. but yeah it was cake.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks smachan! drilled them last night using a 1/4" bit. just took it nice and easy and there were no problems. had to stick the drill back in the hole and angle it to widen the whole just a little more for the strobe w/ covers to fit in. gonna wire the switch tonight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts