Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning on buying a set of these this weekend, and have been searching around for info on them. I have seen a bunch of posts talking about haveing them installed by a shop. They seem really straight forward to me, just take the 4 nuts off, put the bar on, put the 4 nuts back on. Am I wrong here??? Do you need to remove the strut to install these??

Do basically I am asking for some know-how on the installation, I am a Jeep guy, just getting back in touch with my go-fast side, so struts are somewhat new to me, but I am not new to mechanics at all. In 4 years I have not brought a single car to a mechanic, and that includes 4 Jeeps (done everything myself, including motor swap, full axles etc.) I don't wanna start now.

Thanks!

Todd

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
If you're referring to the Strut Tower Brace (front and/or rear)..theres no great secret on 'how to'. Yes, you just take the 4 nuts off, put on the brace, replace the 4 nuts, but dont tighten them up alot yet. Place the bar in the bracket on either end. Snug up the bar, then tighten the 4 nuts on the bracket. Then tighten up the brace bar (which should be 'adjustable' depending on the brand).. then you're all set. My Ractive RSTB bar is 'adjustable'. Significant difference on the rear. I dont have one on the front. I dont think its needed, but many do anyway.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! I guess the one's that brought something this easy to the shop is A. Rich B. Lazy =)

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Or D) all of the above :p

Yea on the six you only need to cut those clothing a bit and climb yourself into the trunk haha :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again, I just picked up my new to me 93 LS tonight. I'll be getting the braces next week and throwing the bastards on. I can't wait to see what kinda gains I get, these things are already very good in the twistys from what I could tell in the 150mi that I put on it today, and god damn leather is NICE!

Thanks,

Todd

1 - 8 of 8 Posts